Every parent needs to have a good stroller for their child. Taking a stroll with your baby around town or your neighbor is enjoyable. Catching fresh air or a beautiful scenery is easier with the best umbrella stroller with trays. It is one of the perfect baby items you need to keep everyone happy.
Umbrella strollers are a reliable choice when your child has grown old enough. Typically, you want to purchase an umbrella stroller for a child who is six months old or older. However, the stroller is better if they include a food tray. It is a useful accessory for you and your baby. You can put their bottle or sippy cup on the trays, along with snacks. My children also use trays for their toys when we are on the go.
What to Look for in the Best Umbrella Stroller with Trays
It is important to know how to select the right umbrella stroller for you. There are feature and benefits for the different qualities. Strollers have different aspects that you may prefer. A decision can be hard when there are dozens of choices on the market. There is someone for every stroller, but each one is designed for your family and your baby.
Here are the criteria you should look for before making a purchase.
- Simple to use: As with any baby product, you want it to be easy to use. Check out all of the features that could make the stroller easier to use. A sun shade is important for your child, the larger, the better. A storage basket, parent trays, and cup holders are convenient features that make it easier when you are on the go.
- Maneuverability: When you purchase a stroller, it has to be easy to take places. You should consider the environment where you live. How do you intend to you use the umbrella stroller? My family, for examples, loves to go to festivals, which are typically on grass. We live in a hilly region, so I need a stroller that can transverse these terrains.
You want an umbrella stroller that can turn on a dime and is easy to push. Certain brands use inline roller-skate wheels that can turn anywhere, whenever you want. If you live in the city, you want a stroller that can weave in and out of the crowds of people.
- Safety: Your child needs to be safe when on the go. The most crucial feature is a harness. Babies tend to move around, and you can’t be too safe. An umbrella stroller will either have a 3-point or 5-poitn harness. Comfort is a factor, so look for padding and adjustable straps.
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: Umbrella strollers typically have a lower maximum weight recommendation than standard strollers. You have to consider the current weight of your child and their growth pattern. If your one year old weighs 25 pounds now, you may not want to buy a stroller with a maximum weight of 30lbs. You won’t get many months of use.
- Weight and Folding: Strollers tend to weigh a lot. One of the benefits of umbrella strollers is that they weigh considerably less. You don’t want the stroller to weigh a ton because you have to lift it in and out of your vehicle or up and down stairs. Some strollers also are easier to fold than others. One hand folds are convenient; mothers often only have one hand to spare. Once folded, you want a compact stroller that can fit into any trunk. Take a look at the dimensions before you make a purchase.
The Best Umbrella Strollers with Trays
Graco LiteRider Click Connect Stroller
Graco creates some of the best strollers on the market. The Click Connect can hold a child up to 40 pounds. It is designed to accept all of the Graco Click Connect infant car seats with a one-step attachment. All you have to do is place the car seat onto the LiteRider and wait for the audible click to let you know the car seat is secured.
The LiteRider is a lightweight stroller that weighs less than 20 pounds. You can easily lift it in and out of your vehicle. Despite its size, Graco ensures that the design is sturdy, able to carry your 40-pound children with no problem. There are even more great features that Graco included.
- A convertible three or five-point harness provides your child security as they grow through the years.
- The front wheels are lockable, but they can swivel with suspension. They are ideal for over different terrains.
- One of the best features is the extra-large, drop-down storage basket. It can store a huge diaper bag for a day trip with no problems.
- When on the go, you can fold the stroller with one hand. There is a storage latch that will keep the stroller closed once folded.
- Parents have their tray with storage and two deep, cup holders. There is also a removable child’s tray, making it easy to get your child in and out of the stroller.
- The stroller seat can recline, so you can use it from birth and up. Babies need to have a deep recline to support their head. The seat has soft fabrics and a padded seat for comfort.
The Graco Click Connect can be made into your travel system, or you can just use it as an umbrella stroller.
Reviews on the Graco LiteRider Click Connect
Parents have left the LiteRider a 4.4 out of 5-star rating, making it one of the best choices for an umbrella stroller. They rave that the stroller is lightweight, functional and compact when folded. It is easy to fold and keep folded. Graco’s suspension system handles bumps perfectly fine and has a large sunshade. The tray is large enough for all of your necessary items.
The only downside to the LiteRider is that it isn’t as compact when folded. The dimensions are twice as much as a typical umbrella stroller.
Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
Kolcraft is one of the best brands for strollers. Their Cloud Plus is lightweight, designed for parents who need a stroller that weighs close to nothing. The Cloud Plus is perfect for traveling parents, weighing just under 12 pounds. It offers all of the must-have stroller features but in a smaller, compact design.
- The stroller folds compactly and can stand once folded. It is perfect for vehicles and traveling.
- An expandable canopy visor provides maximum coverage for your child. It is large enough to cover a majority of your child when seated. There is a peek-a-boo window available for your convenience, letting you check on your sleeping baby.
- The seat has multiple reclining positions, making it perfect for naps or younger children.
- The Cloud Plus only weighs 12 pounds, making it one of the lightest umbrella strollers on the market.
- There is a parent tray and a child tray. The parent tray has two drink holders and an extra storage area for your keys or cell phone. A removable child tray has a double cup and juice box holder.
- A five-point harness keeps your child safe while on the go.
- The stroller can hold a child up to 50 pounds.
- A large storage basket is under the seat, perfect for your diaper bag or a shopping trip.
- All-terrain wheels and front suspension offer a smooth ride, able to glide over bumps and cracks with ease.
- Kolcraft offers a one-year manufacturer warranty.
The JPMA certifies Kolcraft. You can trust that their product is safe and made up to the best standards. The Cloud Plus has all of the necessary features that larger strollers offer with half of the size.
What Parents Have to Say about the Cloud Plus
There aren’t too many negatives that parents note about the Cloud Plus. Parents love how lightweight the stroller is because it is perfect for traveling or while on the go. They rave the compactness, taking up little room in trunks. The only common negative noted by a few parents is that the wheels tend to wobble.
Chicco Neuvo Compact Stroller
Most parents know Chicco; they are a well-known brand that creates the best baby products with high-quality. The Neuvo Compact is one of the best umbrella stroller with trays, and it is easy to maintain. Chicco added a double cup holder, so there is space for baby and parents’ drinks.
The Chicco Neuvo is compact and lightweight. It can handle all of the work you will put it through. There is a lot of storage available with a cup holder for parents as well as a large, lower storage basket. You can use that area for bags while you are shopping. Parents need a big basket for their diaper bags. Some people like to take a lot of items with them when on the go.
- It is a sturdy, well-constructed stroller with a high-quality aluminum frame.
- A tray can contain all of the food and goods essential for your baby while on the go. There is plenty of space for snacks and drinks.
- It is lightweight, weighing only 22 pounds. You can lift it up and out of the trunk with ease.
- There is a large canopy that protects your child from the direct sun. A peek-a-boo window allows parents to see when their baby is asleep or when they don’t want to blind their child with the sun.
- Chicco added a comfortable seat with a removable and washable seat pad. Your baby will have a comfy ride.
- For safety, a five-point harness is included.
- Altogether, there are double swivel wheels, eight in total. There are four in front and four in the back. All of the wheels have a suspension system, and they can lock.
Chicco is one of the best brands on the market. You can trust their quality. The Neuvo can handle a variety of terrain with the double swivel wheels. It comes with a car seat, so it is a solid choice for a travel system.
Reviews of the Chicco Neuvo Compact Stroller
Parents love the Chicco umbrella stroller. It receives 4.2 stars out of 5, a great rating by parents. They love the tray; it is a convenient accessory that is necessary for a hassle free trip. There are very few negative comments about the Neuvo. They do mention that the release to fold the stroller feels rather flimsy, and they were concerned it could break. Otherwise, parents only note all of the awesome positives.
Summer Infant Spectra Stroller
Summer Infant has made a name for themselves creating baby products. They are diving into the world of strollers, and they have done well producing quite a few high-quality options. Their Spectra is designed to be in the middle of their choices; it is lightweight but sturdier than a typical umbrella stroller.
The first thing you will notice is that assembly out of the box is easy. It takes just a few steps, and you are ready to be on your way. The frame is sturdy, designed to carry your child up to 50 pounds. When putting together, the Spectra only weighs around 20 pounds. It is a great weight for a lightweight stroller, especially if you still value the sturdiness.
- To create a lightweight yet durable stroller, Summer Infant built it with an all-aluminum frame.
- Parents can fold the Spectra with one hand, and it stands up by itself once folded.
- There are multiple reclining positions for the seat along with an adjustable foot rest.
- A rear mesh window provides ventilation on warm days. If your child needs privacy while sleeping, you can roll down the window.
- An extra-large basket is located under the seat. It gives you maximum storage space for bags. Parents also have access to two rear pockets for keys.
- Parents have their cup holder, and the child has a snack tray for convenience.
- All of the wheels are made of durable foam rubber. The front wheels measure 7 inches, and the rear wheels are 9 inches. They can glide over cracks; the all-wheel suspension does its job nicely, gliding smoothly over bumps. You can lock the wheels for extra stability when on uneven terrain.
- When used with the Prodigy car seat, you can create a travel system. The Spectra is only compatible with this one infant car seat.
Reviews for the Summer Infant Spectra
The Spectra receives great reviews, but it only gets a 3.5 out of 5 stars. There are a few negatives that you should note before you purchase it. The seat doesn’t sit all the way up, a potential annoyance for older children. Most children don’t want to be at a constant recline. Also, the seat doesn’t recline all of the ways, so you can only use the Spectra for children who are older than three months old. Also, the seat of the Spectra is only 11 inches wide, which may be too narrow for some kids.
Cosco Simple Fold Stroller
Cosco makes budget friendly, baby products. Their Simple Fold Stroller is under $100, ideal for the families that don’t have a huge pocket book. It is a lightweight choice for parents on the go, weighing only 10 pounds. If you are headed on vacation and want the best umbrella stroller with trays, you’ll love the features of the Simple Fold.
- You can lift it up easily out of the trunk of your vehicle. It folds compactly in seconds, making it an easy to store choice. Once folded, it can stand on its own.
- The seat has endless reclining options, perfect for kids of all ages.
- It holds a child up to 50 pounds.
- Cosco designed the stroller with Quick Click technology that lets you attach compatible infant car seats to the stroller with one click.
- Cosco created the stroller with larger wheels for easy maneuvering. The brake is flip-flop friendly so that you can use it with ease.
- A convenient parent tray gives you two cup holders and a storage compartment for your cell phone or keys.
- There is a large basket under the stroller for all of your necessary
Reviews Given by Parents
The Cosco Simple Fold gets a 4.2 out of 5-star rating. There are some obvious positives such as the lightweight design, the storage options and the ease of folding. There are also some negatives. Parents noted that the front wheels, at the time, fail to respond as they should, making turns harder. Some parents would have preferred a carrying strap for travel.
Peg-Perego Vela Easy Drive Stroller
Peg Perego makes one of the best umbrella stroller with trays. The Vela Easy Drive is a lightweight stroller that can open and close with one hand. It has all of the features necessary to make your life easier when on the go. Peg Perego thought about what parents need when they took their child out and combined them together for a fantastically made stroller.
- You can create a travel system when paired with the Viaggio 30 30 car seat. If you have the car seat, it will click into place attached with retractable anchors.
- Peg Perego designed the Vela with larger wheels for stability, ease of steering and maneuverability. The front wheels can swivel on ball bearings and a locking feature. The rear wheels have ball bearings with pedal brakes.
- The Vela has a lightweight, aluminum frame that folds compactly and can stand alone once folded.
- A child tray has a dual cup holder. It can hinges open and closed, allowing you to put your child in and out of the stroller.
- Parents have a detachable cup holder for convenience.
- A large storage basket is under the seat, a perfect size for diaper bags.
- The stroller weighs around 16 pounds, a very lightweight choice for traveling parent. It is one of the lightest options on the market.
- It has a maximum weight recommendation of 45 pounds.
What Parents are Saying about the Vela
The Vela does come with a few more complaints than other choices. Peg Perego didn’t provide a parent tray, a slight inconvenience since you cannot keep essential items at hand. It is not an all-terrain stroller, so don’t plan to bring it along bumpy pathways. Some parents have had issues with the wheels bending.
Despite these few negatives, The Vela by Peg Perego is one of the best umbrella strollers with a tray. It is lightweight, built with a solid frame, and has a high weight limit for your growing child.
Combi-Fold N’ Go Stroller
Combi creates one of the best umbrella stroller with trays. The Fold N’ Go provides convenience for the parents. The stroller is lightweight, compact and portable, qualities that all parents can appreciate in a stroller.
- It is a self-standing stroller with a quick one-handed
- To reduce the overall weight, Combi used an aluminum frame, a durable and reliable It has a maximum weight capacity of 50 pounds.
- For comfort, Combi padded the seat, and there are plush harness pads to stop the straps from rubbing over your child’s neck uncomfortably.
- A five-point harness system keeps your child safe when on the go.
- An extra-large canopy keeps your child protected from the sun. There is a mesh ventilation window, so you can keep an eye on your baby as they take a nap. Air flows in and out of the window, keeping your child at a comfortable temperature during warm weather.
- There is dual front wheel suspension creating a smooth ride over uneven terrain. The wheels can lock, improve the maneuverability over bumps and cracks.
- You can lock the rear wheels with one step.
- There is a child cup holder on the included tray as well as a parent cup holder. A large basket and a canopy pocket offer parents storage for essential storage.
- The seat has multiple reclining positions, but you should only use it for children six months and older because it doesn’t recline fully.
Reviews for the Combi-Fold N’ Go
Parents left great reviews for the Fold N’ Go, receiving a 4.7 out of 5 stars. They love the lightweight design, weighing 19 pounds. It folds easily and gives children plenty of room to grow. The only negative noted is that the tray table isn’t enormous for the children.
Chicco Bravo LE Stroller
Chicco also creates our next choice. The Bravo LE is a premium stroller that can be folded with one hand and has three modes of use to adapt for traveling. You can use the Bravo with the Chicco KeyFIt 30 infant car seat, making it an excellent choice for a travel system. Just like all products created by Chicco, the Bravo has all of the key features you would expect, including a decently sized tray.
- A large basket can be accessed from front and rear. The size is perfect for a large diaper bag for the mother that likes to be over-prepared.
- The seat can recline in multiple positions.
- Chicco added all-wheel suspension so that the stroller can go over bumps and cracks with ease. The wheels are auto-positioning.
- For the parent’s comfort, the handlebar can be adjusted to the perfect height. There are rear linked brakes for convenience.
- You can fold the stroller. Once folded, the stroller is self-standing and compact, perfect for lifting in and out of the trunk.
- Parents have their convenient tray with zippered storage and cup holders.
- You can remove the seat pad insert, and it is reversible.
- The child’s tray has two cup holders, and it is used to for attaching the infant car seats. The tray is detachable so you can put your child in and out of the stroller with ease.
- Chicco added a flip-out visor for maximum sun coverage.
- The Bravo can hold a child up to 50 pounds, perfect for your growing baby.
Reviews for the Chicco Bravo
The Bravo received 4.5 out of 5 stars, one of the best ratings on the list. There are more positives than negatives noted by parents. They love that, for the price, the stroller offers an easily folded stroller, with maximum storage and a comfortable seat for their child. The stroller is sturdy and stylish.
The one negative is that it doesn’t recline fully. You need to wait to use it until your child is three months old with some slight head control. However, the recline is deeper than most choices on the list.
There are dozens of options for umbrella strollers, but not all have trays. Most don’t offer a tray because it increases the size and weight of the stroller. However, a tray is convenient for parents and children to enjoy having their area to put their drinks and snacks. If you are strolling along the park, a tray is handy for snacks and lunch. Keeping a baby busy is important, and an umbrella stroller with a tray is the best way to do that while on the go.