Parenthood requires a lot of baby gear, and there are tons of options on the market today for needed equipment. It can be hard to decide what to purchase if you have little funds. When you are thinking about the best cheap umbrella stroller, you are likely concerned about cheaply made products. However, the last thing we want is low-quality gear for our children.
Even though we want to give our kids the best products, we are limited by the depth of our funds. Equipment can cost hundreds of dollars for each baby. If you already have a regular, more expensive standard stroller, you are likely to want an inexpensive umbrella stroller for those short trips.
One quick search for umbrella strollers will result in a huge range of prices and features. It can be so hard for parents to decide what to do! The biggest hurdle is the price tag. Umbrella strollers can range from under $30 up to over $300. It is important to remember that a larger price tag doesn’t necessarily mean it is the best option for your family. Even the cheaper umbrella strollers can have nice features and work great!
Features to Consider in The Best Cheap Umbrella Stroller
When you are searching for a new stroller, you want to make sure it has the features that matter to you and your family. However, it can be hard to know what features are important if you have never shopped for strollers. Here are some things to consider. Knowing what to look for will make the process easier.
- Weight: One of the nicest features of umbrella strollers are their small size. They are made to weigh less than a standard Check out the weight of the stroller you like before purchasing. If you travel and will have to carry it with you, a bulky stroller will be too cumbersome. Opt for the lightweight strollers instead.
- Reclining Seat: If you have a younger infant or toddler, the reclining seat is a must have in a stroller. Little children tend to fall asleep in their strollers and will need to lay back to stay comfortable.
- Parent Features: While the stroller is for our children, we ideally want some features for the parents as well! The number one requested feature is a storage basket or bag. We need a place to keep all those essential items that children require. A cup holder is a nice feature as well.
- Suspension: Unless you are always on pavement, you will want a stroller with swiveling wheels and some suspension. It needs to be able to absorb shocks so you can take your stroller on different terrain. Otherwise, your poor child will be bouncing around everywhere.
- Canopy: A canopy is a needed feature for young children. Babies and young children have delicate skin and need defense from the sun’s rays. If you are caught in a rain storm, a canopy can keep your child dry until you find shelter.
The Best Cheap Umbrella Stroller Options
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
Summer Infant makes one of the best cheap umbrella stroller on the market today! Because of the name, you can tell of the nicest features of the umbrella stroller is its lightweight size. However, there are some other important features you will want to consider when making your final decision. Let’s take a look at them!
- The frame weighs only 12 pounds with a durable, all-aluminum frame.
- The seat is generously sized for your baby with an added 5 point safety harness.
- There is a large, easy to access storage basket under the stroller.
- You can recline the seat to an almost flat position.
- The canopy can pop up with an extra visor to protect your baby from the sun’s rays.
The Summer Infant umbrella stroller is made with an all-aluminum frame, making it super lightweight. However, aluminum is very durable and sturdy. It can carry children up to 50 pounds.
One of the reasons I love the Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller is because it is desired with the baby’s comfort in mind. The extra-large canopy is adjustable. They added a pop out sun visor, so you have added protection on those sunny days. You can block 99% of UVA and UVB rays! Also, the seat is comfortable to recline with multiple positions available. You can lay the seat nearly flat for nap time or diaper changing space.
Summer Infant didn’t forget the parents when they created their 3D Lite Convenience Stroller. First, they added a cup holder so you can take along your coffee (because every parent needs coffee). The stroller has an easy, compact 3D fold with a provided carry strap. Lastly, they added a great sized storage basket. You can access the basket with ease from the rear of the stroller.
There is no doubt that the Summer Infant stroller is one of the best options. Parents love the great price and all of the nice features!
Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
Next up in our quest for the best cheap umbrella stroller is the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller. You can guess by the name that the main feature Kolcraft wants to reinforce to parents is that this stroller won’t weigh a ton. If you are looking for a stroller that is more travel-friendly, you want to consider the Cloud Plus. Here are some of the highlights of this great stroller!
- It weighs under 12 pounds!
- Parents can fold the stroller with only one hand. Then, it will stand on its making loading it into the trunk a breeze.
- The canopy expands for maximum coverage
- Kolcraft added a parent tray and a child tray.
- The seat has multiple reclining positions.
- There is a 50-pound weight capacity.
One of the problems with going to an umbrella stroller is that they often lack the loved features of the standard sized features. Kolcraft has many of the must have features that come in a larger stroller in a smaller and compact version.
If you want a stroller for everyday use around town and afternoon walks, the Kolcraft Cloud Plus has dual shock absorbing front swivel wheels. The front wheels also have suspension, so you have a smooth ride even over bumpy terrain. The other loved feature is the ease of folding. Have you ever tried to fold a stroller while holding a wiggling toddler? It is a workout! Kolcraft made their stroller have a great one hand fold feature, so you can hold onto the kids while packing away the gear.
There are so many features that I love about the Cloud Plus. First, I believe having the option to recline is a must. Even for toddlers and older children, they sometimes want to take a nap. The canopy is large, with the possibility to extend. You want to be able to cover your baby, so rain and the sun don’t bother them. There is a handy peek a boo window so that you can check on your sleeping child.
The Cloud Plus has a child tray and a parent tray with two cup holders. These features are rare in umbrella strollers. Also, they made the storage basket large enough for a diaper bag. You can access it easily; it can hold enough items for a day trip. Overall, the Cloud Plus is a great option for parents who don’t want to skimp on features and also want to keep their budget in check.
Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller
The Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller is one of the best cheap umbrella stroller options on the market today. It is perfect for parents who like to be on the go. One of the best features of the Chicco stroller is the weight! It weighs only 11 pounds, making it one of the lightest on the market. However, despite the small size, it is full of great features that parents love. Let’s look at some of those great features to help your decision!
- The seat is padded with a 5 point harness for added safety.
- There are two reclining positions, so your baby can ride in comfort.
- The canopy is removable and adjustable.
- There is a provided footrest, so your child’s legs don’t get tired.
Your child is going to ride in style and comfort with the Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller. There is front wheel suspension so you can ride on rougher terrains without tossing your baby all over the place. The two reclining positions mean your child can relax during day trips and take a nap.
Chicco also designed their lightweight stroller with parents in mind. The fold is very compact. It comes with a shoulder carry strap so traveling with the stroller is much easier. There is a nice basket underneath so you can bring along all of those needed items with you.
There are only two negatives to consider with the Chicco Capri stroller. First, the handles seem to be a bit too low for taller people. Also, there is no added cup holder, which may not be problematic for you. However, despite the small negatives, the Chicco Capri is a great option for a cheap umbrella stroller.
Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
Baby Trend makes some great strollers, including one of the best cheap umbrella strollers. The stroller is recommended for babies who can sit up unassisted, under 50 pounds and 40 inches tall. Let’s look at some of the great product details!
- The stroller folds compactly for travel and storage
- Baby Trend added a 5 point harness for safety.
- There is a large, removable canopy as well as a storage basket under the stroller.
Something that is important for parents to realize is that there is no reclining option for the Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller. While you could use this stroller for quick trips with a younger child, the lack of a reclining option makes it harder for infants and toddlers to use the stroller for day trips.
There are some nice features that parents will love about the Rocket stroller. Baby Trend added a great parent tray with two cup holders, which are always loved on any stroller. The handle has an added comfort grip, making it easier to push for hours. There is also a dual foot activated brake, so you know your baby is going nowhere!
Overall, if you are looking for a simple stroller for your older child, the Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller is a great option. It has some nice features and is easy to use and transport.
Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller
If you are the parent of two young children, it will be beneficial for you to have a double stroller so you can contain both of your kids. One of the best cheap umbrella strollers for two children is the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller. There are some great features you have to know!
- The overall weight limit is 70 pounds. It is recommended that each child weighs no more than 35 pounds.
- It can fit through any standard 30” doorway.
- The seats have multiple reclining positions.
- Delta provided a cup holder for parents along with two large hanging storage bags.
The frame of the Delta Children LX is made of aluminum, creating a lightweight frame. The entire stroller weighs only 23 pounds, which is considerably lighter than traditional double strollers. The seats have 5 point harnesses to keep your child safe. Also, the shoulder pads are padded for additional comfort.
Delta created the front wheels with 360-degree shock absorbing wheels. You can take the stroller on uneven terrain without worry. The provided canopies are large and designed with the European style. One of the different features of the double stroller is the lack of a storage basket. Instead, Delta provided parents with two large hanging storage bags behind the seats. You can place your needed items into the storage bags.
Hands down, the best reason I love this tandem umbrella stroller is how easy it is to fold. Folding double strollers can be difficult. The Delta LX is easy and is surprisingly compact. You will be able to fit the stroller into your vehicle with ease. It is no wonder that many parents think the Delta LX is one of the best cheap umbrella strollers.
Chicco Echo Stroller
Here is another great option for a cheap umbrella stroller. Chicco makes great baby gear, so it is no wonder why they have two choices in our best cheap umbrella stroller roundup. With multiple reclining positions and a generous canopy, there are some great features to the Chicco Echo Stroller. Let’s take a look!
- The seat has a 5 point harness with padded shoulder straps for additional comfort.
- There are four reclining positions with an adjustable leg support.
- The canopy can zip closed in the back to allow for air flow.
- Chicco provided a nicely sized storage basket for more space for baby’s items.
Many parents are on the go with their children frequently, and the Chicco Echo is a superb option for those parents. The key features are ideal for parents with kids who weigh less than 40 pounds. There are dual front wheels with suspension and locking swivel wheels, making it easier to travel on the uneven ground.
Of course, I love the four reclining positions with the adjustable leg support. You can move the foot support as your child grows. The four reclining positions are perfect for most infants and ideal for naptimes while on the go. Plus, the padded straps won’t bother your child as they sleep.
The Echo weighs 20 pounds, which is more than some of our other lightweight strollers. This may not be a factor that bothers you much. It comes in six different color options with an embroidered seat pad and European wheel styles. The Echo is an attractive umbrella stroller. Also, the rip off rear flaps will protect your closed from the sun or rain.
Families love the Chicco Echo because of its small features and overall design with the baby’s comfort in mind.
Delta Children City Street Side by Side Stroller
Here is another great option for a side by side tandem stroller for parents of more than one child. Created by Delta Children, it has some lovely features that appeal to parents, including a great, budget-friendly price tag. Here are some of the notable product highlights to consider before purchase.
- You can fit the stroller through standard sized, 30” wide doorways because it measures only 29 inches wide.
- Each child will have a 3 point harness to keep them safely secured to the stroller.
- The parents are provided a cup holder with two attachment points as well as two hanging storage bags.
- The front wheels can swivel 360 degrees and absorb shocks.
- Each seat can hold 35 pounds for a total of 70 pounds for the weight capacity.
The Delta Children City Street Side by Side Stroller is made with a lightweight, aluminum frame. The stroller weighs a total of 19 pounds, which is lighter than some single, lightweight strollers! It is created to fold easily and compact so that you can store it in your trunk easily. Also, the ride will be smooth on all terrain with the swiveling front wheels that can absorb any shocks and bumps.
Parents will find the City Street stroller enjoyable and practical as well. Having a cup holder is a great addition; most parents desire to have at least one on their strollers. Instead of having a storage basket, Delta provided two large hanging storage bags on the back of the seats. These will give plenty of space to store needed items for your children.
For parents with two young children, the Delta Children City Street stroller is a great option. It is narrow, so you can bring it in most stores and navigate places quickly. It will be able to travel over most terrain and won’t require a massive effort to push. The price point is affordable. There is a lot to enjoy about this stroller!
J is for Jeep Brand Scout AL Sport Stroller
Jeep makes some very nice strollers, from jogging to lightweight, umbrella strollers. The Scout AL Sports Stroller is excellent and highly rated as an umbrella stroller. It can hold children up to 50 pounds so that you will get plenty of years out of this stroller as well. Here are the product highlights.
- The canopy is extendable with additional sun visors to protect your child from the sun.
- The seats can recline in multiple positions and come with 5 point harnesses for safety.
- The storage basket underneath provides a significant amount of storage.
- Parents have a provided cup holder.
- The stroller is super lightweight and weighs 7 pounds!
These are just a few of the notable product highlights. A stroller weighing only 7 pounds is impressive. Parents can easily lift the stroller out of the car with one hand while holding their child. The Jeep stroller is the lightest on our list. It is so lightweight because it is designed with an aluminum frame, which is a durable and sturdy material.
Parents will enjoy the stroller for other reasons as well. The storage basket underneath is gigantic, giving you plenty of space to carry a diaper bag or store bags while shopping. There is a cup holder, which is one of my favorite features for any stroller. When folded, the stroller has a soft grip carrying handle so you can transport it with ease.
Your child will ride in comfort and style while in the Scout AL Sports Stroller. The stroller provides multiple reclining positions, so your baby can nap or travel in comfort. Jeep installed a 5 point harness, providing safety and a comfortable ride. Also, they made the canopy in the European style. It can extend over your baby with an additional sun visor. No baby likes to be blinded by the sun when taking a nap or a stroll. Last, Jeep covered the harness and piping in reflective material. If you are out at night, you can be seen without worry.
With all of these great details, it is no wonder that the Jeep Scout AL Sports Stroller is one of the best cheap umbrella stroller on the market today.
Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella Stroller
If you like some of the features of the Kolcraft Plus Cloud but want something cheaper or smaller, the Kolcraft Cloud is the best choice for the best cheap umbrella stroller. Kolcraft made an easy to fold, extremely lightweight stroller that parents will enjoy just as much as the children.
- The stroller weighs only 9.5 pounds, making it one of the lightest on this review list!
- Kolcraft designed a simple, 1 step folding system.
- Your baby will be snug in a 3 point harness, keeping them secure and safe.
- Children 40 pounds and under can ride safely and comfortably.
- Kolcraft made the canopy larger than most umbrella strollers offer, with an extended sun canopy and a rear hood. No sun or rain will bother your child!
- The front wheels are shock absorbing and swiveling.
The Kolcraft Cloud is an awesome umbrella stroller. I love so many of the features and you will as well! First, the canopy is a great design. It is larger than most strollers, and your baby will be protected from all angles. One of the nicest features is the cool climate roll up the mesh in the back. For those hot summer days, simply roll up the fabric and your baby will be much cooler. It creates better air circulation. Also, by rolling up the fabric, you provide your child with a head rest.
The front wheels can absorb shocks and bumps much easier than other strollers due to the swiveling wheels. Kolcraft also installed a 3 point harness for a snug and safe ride. One of the nicest features is the foam padded handles so parents can steer with ease and comfort.
Parents also have two added features for our comfort: a cup holder and a storage basket. For the size of the stroller, the basket is a decent size. You should be able to carry enough for a small day’s trip. Considering the price of the stroller is under $40, the Kolcraft Cloud has some fun and practical features for parents.
Wrapping It Up
These are nine great options for the best cheap umbrella stroller. They all have great features and are priced well enough not to be a burden on your budget. None of the strollers listed cost over $100. In fact, some the strollers are below the $50 price point!
The first thing parents need to do is decide their set budget. Once you know how much you want to spend, decide the features that matter to you. Then, you can easily pick one of these nine strollers that will be perfect for your family.
We would love to hear from you! Do you have a cheap umbrella stroller or lightweight stroller that you enjoy? Let us know in the comments!