BEST OVERNIGHT DIAPERS
Your toddler might be close to daytime potty training,
but most toddlers take a long time to stay dry at night. It takes time and a larger bladder to not require the best overnight diapers for toddlers. A mother’s heart is all about love and care for her baby.
She wants everything to be as gentle as her love is. Hence, it is challenging to find the best night time diapers. There are so many diapers in the market. However, chances are you did come across a few brands that didn’t work for you, resulting in late-night diaper changing or rashes as they do not provide a dry feel.
Surely, you do not want to stay up all night changing diapers and end up looking like a zombie. We understand how important it is to keep your baby dry all overnight.
What to Consider while choosing the Best Overnight Diaper?
Unlike small infants, there is more to consider when diapering a toddler overnight. This is because, for a baby’s better growth, a well-rested sleep is a must. Nighttime is the best time to get sleep, it is peaceful and you need to rest as well as your baby after a tiring day.
For that you need super-absorbent overnight baby dry diapers, can hold a larger volume for longer hours. Most parents change their infants during the night, at least once.
However, toddlers typically don’t wake up a lot, so these overnight diapers have to be able to hold 12 hours of urine and keep your baby dry overnight.
Finding a diaper that can provide your baby with a good night’s sleep, a dry night’s sleep?
To get that sleep for your baby, make sure to get a diaper that meets these qualifications.
- Affordability – There is no reason to spend more than you can afford on overnight diapers. There are tons of options available!
- Leak-Free – Seriously, no one likes to change pyjamas and wet diapers in the middle of the night. You also don’t want to have to change your child’s bed sheets after the diaper leaked. Leak-free is an important must-have qualification!
- Easy to Find – Unless you order everything online and can order before you run out, you want an overnight diaper that isn’t hard to find in the stores!
- Hypoallergenic – Ideally, you should choose diapers that are hypoallergenic or gentle on your baby’s skin. Since your toddler may wear the diaper for many hours, the chance of skin-rash increases. You want the best choice for your baby, so their skin stays perfect and they have a great day!
How to Select an Overnight Diaper?
Funny to say but the diapers market is huge. There are so many options on the market for overnight diapers too. Some of you may prefer an eco-friendly diaper over a disposable diaper. Making a choice can be visibly hard! Here are some things to consider before going for that bulk diapers shopping.
- Weight Range: You want your overnight diaper to fit your child properly. Remember the motive is to get a comfortable overnight sleep for the baby. A diaper that is too big or too small will lead to leaks and blow-outs, something no parent or the baby wants to may have happened. Check the weight range suggested for your diaper. It is only in a wide weight range that you may comfortably find size 6 too.
- Softness: The diaper that is rough and uncomfortable is going to be a problem ( pun intended)! The best overnight diaper for toddlers should be soft and gentle on your child’s delicate skin. You want it to feel like soft underwear. If your child is older, the soft pull-up diapers are quiet and don’t make sounds as your child is walking. Some kids are embarrassed and need privacy.
- Leak Protection: The last thing anyone wants to deal with is a leak in the middle of the night. You have to change clothes, the diaper, and sheets. It is truly needed that the best choice offers a leak lock design to keep your baby dry, preventing the chance that the diaper won’t hold in all of the moisture.
- Absorbing Capacity– The major difference between daytime diapers and overnight diapers is that of their moisture-absorbing capacity. Overnight diapers are made to absorb more typically for 10 to 12 hours (entire night). I learned this lesson the hard way that one should be more focused on the absorbing capacity. Who would not want a 12-hour long relief?
- Booster Pad– Even though your baby’s overnight diapers claim great soaking capacity, leaks are bound to happen. Leaks happen especially when your baby is drinking breast milk or eating solids. Diaper booster pads work as a shield against the leak. They slide into your baby’s overnight diapers and serve as an extra layer of protection for overnight.
You might have only heard of Huggies or Pampers baby dry, but the world of nighttime diapers is different.
So after my own experience and some hands-on reviews, I have compiled a list of the best overnight diapers for your baby so you and your baby may have a good night’s sleep, a dry night’s sleep!
- GoodNites Bedtime Pants
Diapers are the perfect option for a baby who is almost potty trained but having trouble at nighttime. These diapers are highly rated and feature five layers of protection. Double leg barriers and extra protection in the wet zone were added to prevent any chances of leaking. They are also appealing to your baby as they have a Marvel superhero image on the cover.
These overnight pant style diapers have 20% more absorbency than other brands up to 12 hours, so they are great if your baby is a heavy wetter at night. They also are very easy to get on and off by themselves, making them perfect for potty training.
The super-stretchy sides give a great fit for all body shapes and sizes. You can purchase these diapers in multiple sizes as well!
- XS – 28 to 45 pounds
- S to M – 38 to 65 pounds
- L to XL – 60 to 125+ pounds
Parents and kids love these overnight pants. They absorb odours for peaceful night sleep and are made of the softest material. Your baby won’t be irritated by wearing them at all! They come in both boy and girl prints, so each child can enjoy special overnight sleep pants!
- Disposable underwear that helps keep babies clean and healthy.
- Features five layers of protection, keeping liquids from leaking and absorbing the most.
- It comes with a stretchy waistband to make it easier for babies to wear.
- If the diaper leaks, you’ll have to clean up a lot of “beads” that are very messy.
- They may cause rashes in some babies.
Huggies Overnites Diapers
Huggies is a leading brand in the disposable diaper world. You can trust their products; they know what they are doing! Huggies Overnites diapers are a best-seller, receiving high reviews from parents. Their Leak Lock System prevents any leakage from happening. These diapers are 25% more absorbent than other leading brands of overnight diapers.
To reduce leaks, Huggies wanted to guarantee the diapers fit perfectly. Their second grip strip keeps the diaper on at four points. The stretchy, SnugFit waistband provides a snug, secure and optimal fit.
As your baby tosses and turns throughout the night, the diaper will move with him. The breathable outer cover keeps his sensitive skin dry and comfortable throughout the night. Together, your child will feel comfortable and won’t wake up because he feels wet.
You aren’t going to have to worry about overnight changes with the Huggies Overnites. The Leak Lock System prevents leaks for up to 12 hours. There are tabs for extra-grip in the diapers that help with a secure fit and a quilted inner liner locks away wetness while also allowing the delicate skin of your little one to breathe.
These diapers come in various sizes from size 3 to size 6. The varied range of making them one of the best overnight diapers for toddlers.
- No Leaks
- Easy to Clean
- Light leaking
- Diaper changing
Seventh Generation Baby Free & Clear Overnight Diapers
Are you an eco-friendly family? If so, you are fully aware that disposable diapers aren’t the ideal choice for Mother Earth. Luckily, Seventh Generation focuses on producing the safest disposable diapers for babies and the environment.
These Free & Clear Overnight Diapers provide 10 hours of leak protection for a well-rested baby. For the perfect fit, there is a stretch back gather that creates a snug but flexible fit.
A good fit reduces leaks! An absorbent and lightweight core soak up all of the liquids, so you don’t have to worry that your crib sheets will catch the mess. Best of all, Seventh Generation uses soft, cloth-like materials, so your baby will be comfortable all night long.
Parents can feel confident using these overnight diapers. They are called Free & Clear because they are unscented. These diapers are free of fragrances, petroleum-based lotions, and late.
The process of creation is chlorine-free. Seventh Generation uses sustainably harvested wood pulp for their overnight diapers. If you want an eco-friendly and absorbent nighttime diaper, the Seventh Generation Free & Clear is a perfect choice.
- The protection lasts up to 10 hours overnight.
- Unlike some other overnight diapers that may or may not be scented, there is no chemical odour.
- Because they’re chlorine-free, they’re less likely to cause a rash if your child has a nighttime accident.
- For added comfort, they’re fashioned with a soft-flexible fabric.
- The Seventh Generation Overnight Diapers may not contain the full-mess for extra-heavy wetters.
- Although the tabs are resealable, they are a little shorter than those on other overnight diapers, making it difficult to close if your child grows out of their size.
- The stage 6 size is for toddlers who weigh 35 pounds or more, but no other sizes are available.
Allnites Overnight Diapers
Allnites Overnight Diapers are designed to give toddlers up to 12 hours of overnight leak protection. They feature a stretchable waistband and stretchy side panels. To prevent leaks around the legs, Allnites added liquid-resistant leg cuffs.
Paired with the extra absorbent inner core, all of the wetness will be trapped inside the diaper.
You don’t have to worry about rashes or irritation. They used a soft, hypoallergenic inner liner that features aloe, natural botanicals and vitamin E.
This overnight diaper is great to make sure to keep your baby dry but it also is the perfect combination for healthy, irritation-free baby skin.
It is important that parents must select the right sized overnight diaper. If it is too loose or too tight, you can have leak problems along with discomfort and skin irritation.
Allnites Overnight Diapers are designed for babies who are in size 3 diapers and up. Here are their sizing and the number of diapers per package!
- Size 3: 16 to 28 pounds – 86 count
- Size 4: 22 to 37 pounds – 74 count
- Size 5: 27 pounds and over – 62 count
- It comes with a stretchy waistband.
- Protection for 12 hours.
- Hypoallergenic and chemical-free.
- Absorbency is not optimal.
- Quite frail.
Pampers UnderJams Bedtime Underwear
Pampers has made its name in the diaper world. You might have all even used their Pampers baby dry diaper. But if your older toddler is having trouble wetting the bed, Pampers UnderJams diapers are a fantastic choice! They use Pampers baby diapers Leak Protection to stop leaks overnight. The UnderJams also use NightLock Technology that prevents your child from feeling wet overnight. He will wake up feeling dry every morning and won’t wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. That is a terrible way to wake up! Just like underwear, this Pampers baby overnight diaper is made like underwear to let your child’s skin breathe, preventing rashes and irritation.
Pampers added some great features to their UnderJams. They are made with cloth-like materials, so they are comfortable, and they don’t make any sounds when your child is waking. It works like a charm both day and night. A low waist prevents anyone else from noticing that he is wearing them. These are perfect for your little one who is embarrassed to be wetting the bed. But, unlike their Swaddlers, this Pampers overnight diaper does not come with a wetness indicator. SO if you are looking for a diaper with a wetness indicator, look at the next name in the baby diapers list.
- A comfortable, breathable fit for frequent wetters
- The handle is less prone to leakage and hence keeps the infant dry.
- Pull-up with a high waist
- They do not bulge under the clothes
- The absence of a label indicating which side is front and which side is back for self-sufficient children
Pampers Swaddlers Overnights Diapers
Pampers diapers are a well-known brand of diapers. The pampers baby is a cheerful baby as they say. Their Swaddlers are used in most hospitals around the country. The Pampers Swaddlers Overnights Diaper gives your child protection at night and gives you peace of mind. This Overnight diaper features Pamper’s All-Night Protection that can handle the heaviest nights, typically up to 12 hours keeping your baby dry and peacefully sleepy.
Pampers is known for being one of the softest diapers brands on the market. Their Pampers baby dry is perfect for daytime use. But if you are looking for a brand that may work both day and night, then this is the right choice. As they have pampers baby dry for daytime, they also sell overnight Swaddlers.
Just like their regular Swaddlers, the interior of these Pampers Swaddlers feels like a cosy blanket. On the front of the diaper, there is a colour-changing Wetness Indicator (that is so great), so you can quickly determine if you need to change diapers and make sure to keep the baby dry.
If you are worried about rashes or skin irritation, the Overnights Diapers feature an Absorb Away Liner that draws moisture and messes away from your child’s sensitive skin. Then, their Extra Absorb Channels distribute the moisture across the diaper, so your baby may always be comfortable.
Parents may also feel confident putting their baby in the Pampers Swaddlers Overnights Diapers. They are one of the highest-rated choices. From the blanket-like softness to the wetness indicator, there are so many great features to love! I am sure after the use you may also agree that Pampers baby is a happy baby.
- For all-night relaxation, this baby diaper is ultra-plush and soft.
- The inner quilt lining keeps messes away from your baby’s sensitive skin.
- When it’s time for a change, a wetness indicator indicates it.
- The extra features contribute to this diaper’s lack of environmental friendliness.
Huggies Pull-Ups Nighttime Training Pants
A Toddler typically starts to potty train around two or three years old. Daytime training pants may not be absorbent enough to hold a nighttime pee, which is usually heavier than daytime.
The Nighttime Training Pants add extra absorbency for overnight protection.
These are the perfect choice for potty training because the stretchy sides let your toddler pull them on and off by themselves. If they need to make a quick trip to the potty at night, he can do it all by himself, teaching independence.
Huggies added fun designs to the front and back as well as easy-open sides so parents can easily change accidents. Best of all, these super fun Nighttime Training Pants glow in the dark!
- Extra-absorbency & leak-protection.
- Refastenable and easy-open sides
- Easy potty training with soft, stretchy sides that little hands can move up & down, easy to promote Big Kid independence
- Gently on the baby’s skin.
- Not eco-friendly
Pampers Easy Ups Training Underwear
Yes! it is a tie here between Pampers and Huggies Easy Ups Training pants. The purpose of making these pants is because toddlers typically start to potty train around two or three years old.
Daytime training pants may not be absorbent enough to hold a nighttime pee, which is usually heavier than daytime. The Nighttime Training Pants add extra absorbency for overnight protection.
These are the perfect choice for potty training because the stretchy sides let your baby pull them on and off by themselves. If they need to make a quick trip to the potty at night, he can do it all by himself, teaching independence.
Pampers added fun designs to the front and back as well as easy-open sides so parents may easily change those poopy accidents. Best of all, these super fun Pampers Nighttime Training Pants glow in the dark which I guess is cool and great!
- 360 Pull-Ups with a Stretchy Waistband
- Day and night, protection against leaks
- Dual Leak-Guard Barriers help prevent leaks in the most common locations.
- Easy-Tear Sides allow for quick adjustments and a comfortable fit.
- The ultra-soft material has the same sensation as cotton underpants.
- Some parents report that their babies are uncomfortable, presumably, due to this product’s fragrance.
The Honest Company Overnight Sleepy Sheep Diapers
The Honest baby diapers have launched yet another super-absorbent overnight diaper naturally derived, plant-based with hypoallergenic and sustainable material. It is one of the best eco-friendly overnight diapers. The Honest company overnight diaper is all the things you need (and want!):
Advanced leak protection
A secure fit
Comfort and oh, all this with an adorable sleepy sheep print!
This cute honest company overnight diaper provides faster absorption than Honest’s regular ones. Thanks to the all-new bio-based core technology, it has 20% more capacity and performance without being too bulky on the bum. A super-soft cloudlike liner with stretchy side panels and sure-fit leg cuffs security and comfort. The ultimate comfort while funnelling moisture away. It can hold up 17 times its weight in fluid for advanced leak protection.
Moms think that this diaper is a lifesaver at night for heavy wetters. No leaks, More sleep.
These honest company overnight diapers are a must-try!
- A high-quality, environmentally friendly material.
- Comfort and style at their finest.
- Perhaps too delicate for heavy wetters.
- Quite stiff and may cause discomfort for some infants.
- Small in size
Cloth Diaper Choices for the Best Overnight Diapers
Now, let’s take a look at the basic cloth diapers. Many parents opt to use these instead of disposable diapers for a variety of reasons. If you are on the fence about them, here are some positives to consider. Don’t worry! They aren’t as hard as you might assume.
- Eco-Friendly: If you are an environmentally conscious person, the obvious choice would be cloth. Disposable diapers take decades to decompose, and these diapers also eliminate all of the extra trash your family would contribute to the landfills.
- Wallet-Friendly: At first, you may be in sticker shock because they can range from $10 to $30 apiece. However, you have to remember these are reusable through multiple children. If you spend $600 on cloth ones, you are saving, on average, $1,400 to $2,000, for ONE child. This estimate doesn’t include the savings of using the diapers with multiple kids!
- Gentle on the Skin: Many children react badly to disposable diapers. The chemicals can be harsh on delicate, sensitive skin. Parents who have sensitive children often reach for cloth diapers or a natural diaper instead. If you use organic or natural fibers, your child is less likely to have rashes or irritation. Most parents who have used diapers made of cloth state that their children rarely have rashes!
- Cute Prints: Let’s be honest, everyone wants their child to look adorable! These diapers come in multiple prints and colours. You can match them to their clothing, the season or the holiday! They make great photo props. This reason would not convince you to use cloth diapers, but it’s a nice benefit!
Blueberry Simplex All-in-One Diaper – One Size
Cottonbabies is the producer of BumGenius and other products, such as the Flip Covers. The Freetime features their patent-pending butterfly closure system, providing a comfortable, optimal fit every single time. Parents love the Freetime because it is just as easy to put on as a disposable diaper.
Unlike other cloth diapers, the Freetime doesn’t require you to stuff anything into the diaper. The inserts are stay dry and semi-attached, one at each side of the diaper. If your family is hesitant to try cloth diapers, try one just as simple as disposables to show them they aren’t complicated at all. The Freetime requires no extra steps or covers!
You can use the BumGenius Freetime Cloth Diaper for babies 8 to 35 pounds, so they can be used for siblings! The exterior of the diaper is a soft, waterproof fabric.
The interior features soft, suede fabric that wicks away moisture. Synthetic material sucks up all of the wetness, capable of lasting hours without any changes. Cottonbabies also added stretchy, gentle leg and back elastic that is gentle on the skin but also keeps anything from coming out of the diaper!
- It is neither tremendously bulky for a cloth diaper nor tremendously trims.
- One size diaper.
- The inner liner is adjustable.
- Simple Laundry process.
- This baby diaper dries more quickly.
- Sufficiently absorbent.
- Keep leaks at bay and prevents blowouts.
- No stuffing of liners is needed.
- It can be challenging for caregivers.
- They get stained.
Thirsties Snap One Size All-in-One
Thirsties, a company based in the USA, creates one of the best overnight diapers for toddlers. Thirsties combined the convenience and trimmed fit of a disposable diaper with the absorbency of a cloth diaper. The All-in-One is a stylish, comfortable, and effective cloth diaper.
The One Size All-in-One features a built-in, three-layer, microfiber terry soaker that can absorb up to seven times its weight in liquid. The top soaker has a stay-dry microfleece that lets your baby feel dry all of the time. There is another additional layer of microfiber terry between the microfleece and TPU body of the diaper.
Each soaker is sewn into one side, at the top of the diaper. You can easily add more absorbency for nighttime by placing additional soakers by Thirsties underneath! This design allows the diaper to dry quicker than other choices because the soakers can move freely in the dryer or on the clothesline.
Parents can purchase the One Size All-in-One with snaps or hook and loop. Snaps are more durable for long term usage, but hook and loop are easier for babysitters and daycare. Thirsties designed these diapers to last from 8 to 40 pounds, with many rise snaps.
You can use it with siblings easily since they are so easy to adjust!
- It is reasonably priced and built entirely of natural materials.
- It provides leak protection without being overly large
- Assembling is straightforward: a simple double-fold and tuck mechanism suffices.
- It does not have any off-putting chemical odours.
- They are perforated.
- They are less absorbent than conventional diapers and are prone to leakage.
- They are not waterproof, in contrast to the rest of disposable cloth and reusable choices.
- They come in a single size.
Blueberry Simplex All-in-One Diaper – One Size
Blueberry is one of the most popular cloth diaper brands known for high quality and the cutest prints! There are dozens of prints available for parents to pick! The Simplex is one size, but Blueberry also makes the same diaper in newborn size as well as sized diapers, medium and large.
The One Size diaper fits babies from 10 to 35 pounds.
The design of the Simplex diapers is unique. It has a tongue style insert that you can either lay on top of the diaper or stuff into a pocket. The insert is made with ten layers of 100% cotton Birdseye fabric.
There is an optional, attached, stay-dry microfleece layer on the soaker that keeps your baby dry during the night or throughout the day. If you prefer only natural fibers touching your child, you can leave it untucked.
For nighttime, parents can add extra soakers or inserts inside of the pocket. This is an excellent choice for the night because you can add as little or as much absorbency as you need for your child.
- Slim fit
- High rise
- Trim fit
- Adorable colours/prints
- Simple to use
- Gentle on baby’s skin
- Excellent for childcare
- Requires a long time to dry
Flip Diaper Cover System
If you want an affordable cloth diaper system, the Flip Covers are a fantastic choice. First, you purchase a cover in one of the many different colours and prints available. If you are solely using Flip diapers, you will need six to ten covers.
Then, you select the type of insert you need. They offer stay-dry inserts for daytime use. There are organic inserts and disposable inserts! You can also purchase organic cotton nighttime inserts. You receive 2 inserts in each package.
They are a great option if you have heavy wetters or need an overnight solution. These inserts are made with multiple layers of 100% Oeko-Tex Certified Organic Cotton. You fold the insert to put the wetness zone right where it is needed.
Best of all, you can pair it with another insert if you need even more absorbency for nighttime!
ALVABABY Cloth Diaper
Searching through the best overnight cloth diapers, I came across ALVABABY. Disposable diapers are draining our budgets every month. So, why not switch to the reusable, washable, super-absorbent and comfortable cloth diapers known as modern cloth nappies (MCNs) or pocket nappies. These reusable diapers will last longer than you think.
ALVABABY has created one size adjustable, washable, waterproof and reusable girls and boys baby diapers. From newborn to potty around, One size fits all: You can adjust the diaper to your desired need (S, M or L) by snapping onto different rows of buttons on the diaper.
The waterproof polyester outer layer of the diaper comes in fun colours and prints with breathable TPU whereas, the inner layer has suede cloth inside that keeps your baby dry. Hip and crossover snap to prevent wing droop. The diaper has a generous pocket opening for easy insert removal while the back elastic keeps the insert inside.
ALVABABY is suitable for babies and toddlers weighing 3kg-15kg (6.6-33pounds). At night, it works as a super-soaker. Using three lines inside the night diaper prevents most leaks. Mummas love it and feel that washing them is a breeze. You can put the liners and the diapers themselves in the dryer. They come out clean and non-smelly as long as the instructions on cleaning are in mind.
If you incur any problem, a year guarantee gives you the power to refund or exchange.
Pamper your little ones with the comfort they deserve!
- Three by Three snaps provide for a more flexible fit.
- There is space for a single or double insert.
- Durable material.
- Comfortable for your baby.
- It may not endure several children.
- Snaps in the back make dressing a wiggly infant challenging.
- Unsuitable for larger babies/toddlers.
Do you know you can make your baby’s dry diapers more effective?
Do you know you can also sleep like a baby?
Indeed, you can.
A booster pad is all that is required.
For a good night’s sleep, dry night’s sleep of your baby, use a booster pad.
Secure the baby dry diaper with a booster pad for more absorbency.
The booster pads reduce the discomfort and skin irritation (diaper-rash) caused by excessive wetness. They work well with most diapers and sizes. Not to forget, a perfect travel accessory. They eliminate night time leaks and work well with overnight and daytime diapers.
It may look like an additional expense to your budget. It truly is worth it!
Spending a few more pennies on a good night’s sleep and a happy, dry infant in the morning can be well worth it.
So, don’t think much and secure your baby’s sleep.
Sposie Overnight Diaper Booster Pads
Sometimes, diapers are just not enough. Even they need an absorbent boost. The 3 AM parental nightmare is curable with the help of Diaper booster pads. To prevent the inevitable leakages we have Amazon’s bestseller, “Sposie Overnight Diaper Booster Pads”, satisfaction guaranteed!
Sposie to make diaper leaks less of a pain in the butt. Now, even you can sleep like a baby with no stress of diaper change in the middle of the night. Sposie is Paediatrician as well as dermatologically tested. It is 100% hypoallergenic and safe for your child. Ultra-soft booster pads double the absorbency of diapers and give you the uninterrupted sleep you deserve.
They help eliminate nighttime leaks. The fit works well with most diaper brands and sizes. Also great for extended use situations like naps and long car trips. Your perfect travel accessory.
Bid adieu to the discomfort and skin irritation (diaper-rash) caused by excessive wetness.
Now, one can easily say, “What happens in a diaper, will stay in a diaper”.
- These pads will help to keep your baby dry all night.
- You can use these booster pads with any diaper of your choice.
- Superior comfort to your baby’s skin.
- Recommended by Dermatologists.
- Safe for your child
- You’ll have to add some additional expenses to your budget.
Finding the Best Overnight Diapers for Toddlers
There are multiple choices for overnight diapers. Luckily, most of these are solid options that will serve you well even in long run. If your child is potty training, it would be wise to select pull-up style, overnight pants. Your child can take themselves to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
For your younger babies, you can’t go wrong with any of these choices. Make sure that you look at the size range and materials used. You want to avoid diaper rash and skin irritation as much as possible.
The perfect diaper for overnight use would wick away moisture so your baby doesn’t feel wet and irritated throughout the night. You are in luck since there are plenty of good choices!