Diapers bags are a purchase for mom. Most items that parents buy are directly for the baby, but the diaper bag is a functional item for mom as well! The best-rated diaper bags are stylish, with plenty of storage space for mom. There are so many fabulous bags on the market; it can be nearly impossible to make a final decision!
How to Pick the Perfect Diaper Bag for You
While the diaper bag is an essential item for baby, the design and look can be all about the mother. You can pick the perfect print or color for you. There are plenty of designers that create diaper bags as well. So, if you have a favorite purse designer, check out their diaper bags! Many mothers prefer to ditch their purse and stick with a diaper bag. There is no reason to carry more than one bag!
- Storage Compartments: The purpose of your diaper bag is to store all of those crazy items you need to take your baby out somewhere. You don’t want a bag without pockets. That would be like searching a black hole for the pacifier! Pockets keep you organized, even when your brain is foggy from lack of sleep.
- Bottle Pockets: One of the nicest features to have is bottle pockets. Insulated pockets keep your bottles hot or cold, perfect for bottle feeding mothers. Breastfeeding mothers can also benefit from these pockets because they can keep your drinks cold as well!
- Straps: When you don’t have to place to put the bag, like a stroller or shopping cart, the straps of your diaper bag need to be comfortable. Some parents like a backpack style diaper bag because they are easy to carry around for long periods. If you opt for a shoulder or messenger style diaper bag, make sure their straps are padded.
- Easy to Clean: Anyone who has experience with babies understands that they are notoriously messy. Your diaper bag is going to experience spills, stains, and soiled diapers. It should be easy to clean. Ideally, the bag can withstand the washing machine. Another nice feature is a material that you can wipe clean.
- Cost: Everyone needs to consider the cost of their diaper bag before purchase. Some bags cost less than $30, and some bags that cost over $150. You don’t have to blow your budget to find the perfect diaper bag!
- Convenience Features: If you are stuck between two bags, look at the different features they added. A changing pad is a standard Some put a wipes dispenser. A Mommy Pocket allows you to keep YOUR items in a safe, organized place. Stroller clips let you hang the diaper bag from the stroller handles for easy traveling.
The Best Rated Diaper Bags
Petunia Pickle Bottom City Carryall Diaper Bag
Petunia Pickle Bottom is well-known for their high quality and highly stylish diaper bags. The City Carryall has a spacious interior. There are multiple ways to carry the bag. The exterior has 26 different prints and colors, all stylish and chic choices. It is a statement bag with clever designs, a stamped logo plate, and beautiful hardware.
Why Purchase the City Carryall
- The spacious interior has five pockets, two which are intended for bottles, along with two exterior bottle pockets.
- There is a zippered diaper changing station with a removable changing pad and specific pockets for diapers and wipes.
- It has a zip-close top to prevent items from spilling out.
- You can carry the bag two ways: on the shoulder with padded handles or across the body with a long strap.
- Mom can wipe down the material after spills.
Skip Hop Baby Duo Signature Diaper Bag
Skip Hop makes functional, stylish diaper bags. They are one of the most popular brands on the market today. The recently updated Duo Signature has a variety of new features that parents love, such as a zip-top enclosure that keeps all of your belongings secured inside. It has all of the essential, classic features that parents love and design, making it a bag that mothers and fathers can enjoy.
Why You Should Buy It:
- The main compartment has a zippered closure.
- Altogether, there are ten pockets, including elasticized ones. The side pockets are mesh and will fit most sized bottles.
- Skip Hop added a zippered front pocket, perfect to access tablets or smartphones.
- The handles are versatile; you will find tote handles, as well as an adjustable shoulder strap. There is a slip-grip for the shoulder pad.
- The Duo has non-slip stroller straps and clips, allowing you to hang the bag neatly from your stroller while on the go.
- Skip Hop added custom hardware with D-rings for your baby’s toys. There is also a convenient pacifier pocket.
- For easy and comfortable changings, they added a custom, cushioned changing pad.
- The Duo Signature measures 13 inches length x 4.25 inches wide x 13.75 inches high. It is BPA free and Phthalate free.
- It is made of polyester, which is easy to clean.
- Parents can bring along tablets or laptops that measure 15 inches or less.
Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. Legacy – Queen of the Nile
Are you hoping for a large, well-organized diaper bag? Ju-Ju-Be provides you with all the storage and organization you could desire! The B.F.F. is going to your favorite companion while on the go with your baby. You’ll stay organized while looking stylish.
Reasons to Buy It:
- Use the mommy pocket for all of your essential items. There is a zippered, felt pocket for delicate items like your glasses and jewelry.
- There is a total of three exterior pockets and seven interior pockets.
- You can wear the B.F.F. as a messenger style bag or like a backpack with optional shoulder straps. Versatility is key for a great diaper bag!
- There are two insulated bottle pockets with 3M Thinsulate that can keep liquids hot or cold.
- To maintain the inside of your bag clean, there is crumb drains in the corner.
- Ju-Ju-Be treated the B.F.F. with Teflon fabric protector to create a stain repellent and an Agion treatment that allows you to wash the bag in the washing machine. The Agion treatment also reduces the ability of odor-causing bacteria and mold to grow in your bag.
- For easy diaper changes, there is a memory foam changing pad included.
- There is a lifetime warranty for manufacturer defects.
Timi & Leslie Kate 7-Piece Diaper Bag Set
The next best-rated diaper bag is by Timi & Leslie. Their products are stylish but sophisticated. You will have no problem bringing it along anywhere. The Kate looks like an oversized purse, complete with trim and antique brass finished hardware. It doesn’t scream ‘diaper bag,’ instead, it says, chic mom!
Best Reasons to Purchase the Kate Set:
- They used easy to clean, vegan, faux leather that is PVC free, so no animals were harmed. It’s the perfect bag for those who are concerned about environmental effects of the bag.
- You can either carry the bag with the tote handles in your hand or over the shoulder, or you can use the adjustable, cross body detachable straps for a hand’s free carry.
- The changing pad has a mesh pocket on the front to store diapers, wipes, and cream for quick changes.
- There is a zippered sac for soiled clothes or diapers.
- Timi & Leslie includes an adorable clutch that you could use for your personal items. There is no reason to carry a purse and a diaper bag! The clutch has credit card slots and an interior, zippered pocket.
- An insulated bottle tote keeps your baby’s bottles warm or cold.
- The matching stroller straps allow you to hang the bag from the stroller while on the go.
- There are plenty of pockets! You will find three exterior pockets and six interior, organizational pockets. There is also a key fob placed inside.
- It has water-resistant lining to prevent stains during spills.
SoHo Designs Grand Central Station 7 Pieces Diaper Bag
One of the best-rated diaper bags is by SoHo Designs, and it comes with seven different pieces to help you stay organized. It is a bargain price, giving you everything that you need to take your baby somewhere without breaking the bank. Based on the ratings, parents love the features and the price!
Why Buy It:
- The main diaper bag has a spacious, interior compartment with multiple pockets for storage. The top has a zippered closure and a convenient carrying strap.
- There is a personal, small purse with a zippered closure. It is perfect for on the go trips.
- For a clean diaper changing environment, there is a matching padded changing station.
- Included are two additional accessory cases for little items like diaper changing essentials and pacifiers.
- You will find an insulated zippered bottle bag that fits most sized bottles. They can stay hot or cold in the bag.
- Stroller grip attachments allow you to hang the bag from the stroller while on the go.
- The bag is bargain priced, perfect for parents on a serious budget.
Graco Gotham Backpack Diaper Bag
Graco is one of the leading brands for baby products. Their Gotham Backpack Diaper Bag is one of the best-rated diaper bags, giving parents a stylish and functional bag with multiple compartments. It allows you to stay organized on the go. The design is perfect for mom and dad; it is gender neutral and comfortable to wear.
Reasons to Purchase the Graco Gotham
- The large, main interior pocket has individual storage pockets for all of your little items. The main pocket has a zippered close to keep all of the items inside of the bag.
- On the exterior of the bag, you will find multiple, zippered compartments.
- There is an insulated bottle pocket as well as a wipes dispenser provided for your convenience.
- The wipes container is located on the exterior side of the backpack; you won’t have to dig to find your wipes during a spill or
- You can carry the bag by the convenient tote handles or by the padded shoulder straps. Backpack style bags are perfect for parents who like to be on the go.
- A removable changing pad makes keeping your baby fresh and clean an easy task.
- The material can be wiped clean.
Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
If you are looking for one the best-rated diaper bags that is a backpack style, the Bag Nation is an excellent choice! There are plenty of pockets to keep your baby items organized. The bag is durable and able to withstand years of usage, while you come and go everywhere with your kids. You get so many great features for a bargain price tag!
Reasons Why You Should Buy It:
- You wear the diaper bag as a backpack, perfect for keeping your hands free while carrying it. There are adjustable straps to allow you to hook it to your stroller.
- The bag is water resistant, lightweight, and the stitching is designed not to fray. The zippers are durable and reliable.
- Bag Nation added 14 pockets for total organization – an impressive number that is far from common!
- The shoulder straps are ergonomic and padded for the ultimate level of comfort.
- There is a large changing pad included as well as an insulated bottle pocket.
- For emergencies, you will find a dedicated wipes pocket. There is no need to dig for your wipes anymore!
- An extendable keychain prevents your keys from disappearing to the bottom of the diaper bag.
- Dad won’t mind carrying the bag at all; it is gender neutral with a sleek design.
- The bag is non-toxic, BPA and phosphate free!
- When you purchase the Bag Nation diaper bag, you are supporting an American company.
Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Diaper Bag
Our next choice for the best-rated diaper bag is also by Ju-Ju-Be. Their Be Prepared diaper bag allows parents to take almost their entire nursery with how much space and compartments it offers. If you believe in being over-prepared, the Be Prepared is more than likely the right diaper bag for you. When designing this diaper bag, Ju-Ju-Be thought about the parents of twins and those with more than one in diapers. You could also use this bag for overnight trips or travel.
Why You Should Buy It:
- Mothers can stay organized with 17 different compartments, complete with color-coded tabs and picture pockets! There is a pocket for every item you need to bring!
- A Mommy Pocket gives you a place to keep your wallet, makeup essentials, and smartphone. Your items won’t get lost anymore. There are a sunglass holder and key fob stretch cord for convenience.
- The memory foam shoulder pad is removable and included for ultimate comfort.
- In the corners, there is crumb drains to keep your bag nice and tidy.
- You can wash it in a washing machine, just make sure to leave it to air dry!
- There are two insulated pockets with 3M Thinsulate that are designed to keep your bottles hot or cold.
- A Teflon fabric protector is added to reduce stains.
- An Agion treatment is added to stop the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold or mildew.
- Ju-Ju-Be included a 90-day limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
Diaper Bag by Hip Cub – Designer Messenger
Are you looking for a budget-friendly, spacious and stylish diaper bag? No one can say the Hip Cub messenger style diaper bag isn’t chic, but it is also functional and spacious. Mothers need a practical diaper bag for all of the essentials, but they want to carry a bag that looks nice as we!
Reasons to Purchase the Hip Cub:
- The bag is large and roomy with eight internal and external pockets. It is large, but far from bulky.
- You will find that the bag is easy to carry. You can use the adjustable shoulder strap to carry it cross-body, like a messenger style bag. Or, you can carry it by hand or over your shoulder with the tote handles.
- The bag is an adorable, striped cotton canvas material that is trendy. It is easy to spot clean if you get it dirty. There are three color patterns available.
- Hip Cub is reasonably priced for the amount of space and the quality of the bag.
- Included is a set of stroller straps for convenience and a matching changing pad. Use the stroller straps when you are out for a walk and don’t want to carry the bag!
- Hip Cub offers a 90-day 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- There are two side pockets to store your baby bottles, but they are not insulated. Hip Cub also included two interior pockets to store baby bottles.
Timi & Leslie Metro Messenger Diaper Bag
Do you want a smaller sized, classy diaper bag that you can bring with you anywhere, including out to a nice dinner? Look no further than the Timi & Leslie Metro. Available in three stylish colors and complete with antique brass finish hardware, the Metro is sure to please even the pickiest of parents.
Why You Need It:
- The Metro is made from vegan faux leather (PVC free), so there is no concern that animals were harmed in the making of the bag.
- It has a spacious interior with multiple pockets for all of your baby’s items. The interior features six organization pockets, along with the main compartment.
- You wear the bag with an adjustable, cross body strap that keeps your hands-free.
- Timi & Leslie added coordinated non-slip stroller straps, allowing you to hang it from any stroller when you are out and about.
- The matching changing pad folds with a front pocket for diapers, cream, and wipes, perfect for quick changes while on the go.
- On the exterior of the bag, there are four pockets. Two of them are insulated, side pockets that will keep bottles warm or cold.
- There is a key fob on the interior of the bag, preventing you from losing your keys!
Kate Spade Taden Baby Diaper Bag
The last of the best-rated diaper bags is by Kate Spade. Spade makes some of the top of the line purses, and the diaper bags are no exception. The Taden bag comes in four different colors. The black is complete with nylon and 14-karat light gold plated hardware! All of the colors have great features, including the Kate Spade black logo nameplate on the front.
Reasons to Purchase the Taden:
- This diaper bag is lined with black polyester that is water resistant and has an inner, zippered pocket.
- There is a diaper pouch on the back wall of the bag, along with two open slip pockets along the front of the bag.
- There is a black, water-resistant changing pad included for quick trips to the bathroom.
- You can zip close the entire bag to prevent all of your items from tumbling out.
- On both ends of the bag, there are slip pockets, perfect for sippy cups or bottles.
- The hands are black vinyl with an 8-inch There is also a removable and adjustable shoulder strap with swivel clasps, measuring 18.75 inches.
- The Taden measurements are 14 inches long x 12 inches high x 5 inches wide.
- Nylon can be easily wiped clean against a spill or be touched by sticky fingers.
Picking the Best Diaper Bag
There are thousands of baby bags on the market. Picking the best one for you can be a hard decision! You want a stylish, but a functional choice with a lot of storage pockets and impressive features. An excellent way to narrow down the choices is to look at the best-rated diaper bags. Parents have weighed in and listed these 11 bags like some of the best.
There is something for every price range. You can purchase an expensive, designer bag like Kate Spade’s Taden, or you can try a budget-friendly bag like Bag Nation’s backpack. You are sure to find the perfect diaper bag for all of your child’s essentials.
Do you have a favorite diaper bag? We would love to hear about it in the comments!